Cesar is the Coordinator of the Guerrero Biodiversidad project, the main objectives of this project are:
- To register diverse species of terrestrial and aquatic fauna, which allow knowing and recognizing the rich biodiversity of the region
- To recognize/identify priority species for conservation
- To work with the community obtaining valuable knowledge on the perception and interaction of wild fauna, to carry out the conservation and protection of flora and fauna
- To implement participatory workshops between the community and the work team to propose initiatives for the declaration of an Area Voluntarily Destined for Conservation in the Ejido de Papanoa, Guerrero-Mexico
- To bring science closer to children and young people, through the “Science Tianguis”, where biodiversity and the importance of its protection and conservation are made known
- To give lectures, workshops, and various activities that generate awareness about the great wealth that the community has in its hands and the lack of spaces where biodiversity is protected, implemented with the support and participation of the community, municipal, state, and federal authorities, and the work team.
- To implement a signaling campaign in Bahías de Papanoa on the care of its beaches; care, protection and conservation of its wild fauna, as well as solid waste management.
- To coordinate and implement workshops on Responsible Whale Watching on the Costa Grande with the nautical service providers of Puerto Vicente Guerrero to obtain certification from SEMARNAT and offer certified services to promote responsible sightings of important resident or migratory species such as the humpback whale, which come to Costa Grande to give birth and reproduce.
- To replicate this project in other communities in the state or municipality of Guerrero-México, join forces and ensure that this project sows love for the environment, mainly in Papanoa.